A standard prescription is shown below, on which the important information listed in the grey box below has been ringed.
- Patient Number - This uniquely identifies you to Bow Medical Practice. You will need this number for requesting repeat prescriptions by fax or by using the Web site form.
- Current Prescription - This is the medication you are currently taking.
- Repeat Prescription - You may request repeat prescriptions for any of the items in this list.
- Medication Quantity - This is the quantity which will be supplied on repeat prescriptions.
- Medication Review Date - Once you reach this date your medication will need to be reviewed by a doctor. You may need to make an appointment at this time.
If you are taking regular medication you may be given a repeat prescription allowing you to order without seeing a doctor.
Repeat prescriptions must be ordered at least three working days (excluding Saturday) in advance if you are collecting your medication from the dispensary. Please note that requests after 5pm will not be processed until the following morning.
If you collect your medications from a pharmacy, please be aware that the three working days service does not apply. Please telephone the surgery to check the current prescription collection arrangements for your pharmacy.
Please note that once you reach your medication review date shown on the repeat prescription slip your medication will need to be reviewed by a doctor. This may mean that you need to make an appointment.
You may not request medication which is not on your repeat prescription without seeing a doctor. You will be dispensed only the quantity of medication shown on your repeat prescription.
You can request a repeat prescription in one of the following ways:
- Patients requiring a repeat prescription of their medication are encouraged to use the automatic dispensing system, please enquire at the dispensary.
- Online via Patient Access, the service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and accessible from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Post the repeat prescription slip, or simply drop it in to either Bow or North Tawton.
- By using the on-line form. You will need your Patient Number*.
- Housebound patients can telephone the dispensary team direct on 01363 82749 between 11.00am and 1.00pm. We regret that this service is reserved for housebound patients only.
*If you do not know your Patient Number please call the Practice.
The cost of a prescription is £8.80. You may be exempt, depending on your circumstances. You can buy a pre-payment certificate lasting 3 months for £29.10 or 1 year for £104.00. Telephone order line and advice about PPCs 0300 330 1341 or apply on-line at www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1127.aspx.